November 29, 2012

Cambodia Part I

Phnom Peng

Once known as the "Pearl of Asia," Phnom Peng is currently the capital of Cambodia. Being one of the largest cities in Cambodia, Phnom Peng has gone through years of change. Post Pol Pot era, the city is currently re-building, attempting to advance to the levels of current second world countries.

I was fortunate enough this year to visit this country. Filled with fascination, yet skeptical, I was excited to see what Cambodia had to offer me.
My first stop was Phnom Peng. Granted that I did not stay here too long, I did have a chance to take a glimpse of a world unknown to me. From history lessons to visiting recent turmoil/devastation sites of the Communist era, I left this wonderful city full of new knowledge and a whole new perspective on the most simple aspects of life.




















This country is currently going through a huge and diverse change. It would be wonderful to re-visit in a couple of years to see what the next coming years will achieve. 





No comments:

Post a Comment